Sunday, January 21, 2018

Time Strategies

Rather than go into the long version of how bad my time management skills were when I entered college, I'm just going to say they were awful and leave it at that. Since my first semester, I've been on a slow upward climb, but it's definitely a climb. I still procrastinate sometimes, (this post is due in two hours) and though I've tried, I haven't found a planner/schedule system that works for me yet. I'm hoping to fix that this semester by trying Google Calendar. My girlfriend swears by it, so we'll see. I'm also going to set aside some time on Sundays to write down my priorities for the week and schedule out my time.

I really related to The Important Habit of Just Starting, in that starting is almost always the most difficult for me. I put so much pressure on the work to be done that I become too nervous to start, and if it's not a big assignment, I feel like I can just get it done later. These days, I'm pretty good at just pushing through and starting, but I don't always start things in the order I should, and I don't have any systems in place to help myself, really. I think making my desk a more inviting workspace would go a long way. Currently it's functioning as much as a storage space as a workspace, so clearing some stuff off of it should help. Ideally it'll look something like this:



Workspace. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment